Out of School Time Lessons
Shred Hate is a bullying prevention program created by ESPN, supported by Major League Baseball and X Games, that seeks to eliminate bullying by encouraging kids to choose kindness. As part of the program, No Bully, a San Francisco-based nonprofit that trains and gives schools the tools to activate student compassion as a method for eradicating bullying and cyberbullying, provides innovative, anti-bullying curriculum, and works directly with local school districts and cooperating schools. The ultimate goal of Shred Hate is to cause a tangible reduction of bullying incidents in schools by igniting the compassion of youth.
These lessons are for use in out-of-school programs or wherever youth experience bullying. Please enjoy and appreciate the X Games theme running throughout the lessons! Sports are a great way to reach out and begin the conversation around bullying.
General guidelines for these lessons include:
- Designed to last approximately 40-50 minutes each.
- Age-appropriate to ages 10 and up.
- Work best with one adult per 20-25 youth.
- Delivered in settings that are large enough to accommodate movement and collaboration of youth.
- Delivered back to back or within a few days of each other.
Please complete the form below in order to access the lesson download. If you are accessing our resources via a mobile device, please click here.