No Bully is seeking a dynamic Director of Communications to set and guide the strategy for No Bully’s communications, website, social media, public relations, and collateral. We have a strong commitment to diversity and encourage applications from individuals of all ethnicities, abilities, genders and those who are LGBTQ.
Based in our San Francisco office and reporting to the CEO, the Director of Communications works closely with the development, education and campaigns teams, along with our board’s communications committee, to drive the following organizational goals
- Raise awareness of No Bully and the bullying epidemic that we face
- Position No Bully as the thought leader and “go to” place for media and other influencers
- Help propel school engagement and adoption of the No Bully System®
- Drive engagement of strategic partners, sponsors and donors
- Work with Power of Zero Director to set and manage the communications strategy for this ground breaking global campaign to address online bullying by giving young children the skills that they need to use their digital power for good.
- Work with VP of Education to create our communications strategy for educators and accelerate inbound traffic from educators interested in bringing the No Bully System® to their schools
- Work with VP of Strategy and Development to set and manage the communications strategy for development and help propel engagement of strategic partners, corporate sponsors and donors to stand with us in our cause
- Initiate and direct impactful communications strategies, e.g. for Bullying Prevention Month (October), and support campaigns initiated by our development partners to make bullying uncool and unacceptable
- Raise awareness of No Bully and the bullying epidemic that we face through our website, blogs, newsletter, social media, networking and news releases
- Manage PR and media contacts, keynotes, conference and speaking engagements by the Founder/CEO to position him as an international thought leader
- Manage the writing, design, distribution, and maintenance of all videos, print and electronic collateral including newsletters, campaign collateral, school and donor outreach
The ideal candidate will have at least five years communications experience, having worked at a communications agency with non-profits as clients or held an in-house leadership role, covering areas such as website content, newsletters, campaigns and donor communications. The ability to take knowledge and transform it into clear, consistent and dynamic messages, and disseminate these to our target audiences through the best distribution channels is critical. Applications encouraged from candidates who have demonstrated effective outcomes when working with education audiences, parents and youth.
Specific requirements include:
- Skilled in developing communications strategies
- Agile in building brand identity and capitalizing on brand assets
- Achieved demonstrable success in previous social change campaigns
- Knows how to recruit, manage and work collaboratively with communications partners
- Excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively and strategically engage with the ever-changing digital media landscape.
- High energy, maturity, and leadership with the ability to serve as a unifying force and to position communications discussions at both the strategic and tactical levels
- Sincere commitment to work collaboratively with all constituent groups, including staff, board members, volunteers, donors, program participants, and other supporters
- Self-starter, able to work independently, and entrepreneurial; enjoys creating and implementing new initiatives and campaigns
- A clear commitment to No Bully’s mission of eradicating bullying and cyberbullying globally.
How to apply
Interested applicants should e-mail resume with covering letter to email@example.com as soon as possible. Please write “Director of Communications” in the subject line of your e-mail when applying for this position. No phone calls please.
Posting date: June 22, 2018