No Bully is seeking an exceptional, results-oriented Development Director to support the launch of No Bully as a national non-profit. The successful candidate will be a dynamic and accomplished individual with superior communication skills and the ability to work effectively and collaboratively with No Bully’s Executive Director and Board of Directors and to meet the financial needs of No Bully’s strategic vision.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Development Director creates the strategy of No Bully’s fundraising, both long and short term, and provides leadership and coordination to execute the strategy. The Director is responsible for planning and implementing a multifaceted revenue stream that can include Individual Giving (Major and Planned Gifts), Foundation Giving, Corporate Sponsorship and Special Events.
The Development Director reports directly to the Executive Director and is responsible for leading No Bully’s campaign to raise annual development revenue to $500,000 by Q3 2013, with the intention of establishing sustained annual support.
- Establish No Bully ’s development strategy, and implement short-term and long-range plans to significantly increase annual funds.
- Significantly expand the organization’s major and institutional donor cultivation efforts by providing comprehensive, timely and innovative stewardship of all gifts and implementing an effective ladder for donors to participate in No Bully’s growth.
- Grow cost effective solicitation programs to attract new donors.
- Provide strategic and marketing oversight for all donor materials, and strategic support on No Bully board development and external stakeholder communications.
- Effectively launch and manage No Bully’s Google grant.
- Serve as a collegial and participatory member of the organization’s executive team.
The ideal candidate should meet the following criteria:
- Demonstrated experience successfully managing a development program or department with significant experience in nonprofit fundraising and an understanding of the current best practices and emerging trends in the sector.
- Thrive in an environment that requires independent work, strategic thinking, tactical execution and stakeholder management.
- Strong track-record of personal success in identifying, cultivating and soliciting major individual, foundation and corporate donors, and developing effective Boards of Directors.
- The intellectual depth, entrepreneurial drive, maturity, self-confidence, interpersonal skills and warmth to build and maintain relationships with people at all levels of the organization, across a diverse range of educational and social backgrounds.
- Excellent communication skills – both oral and written – with an ability to inspire the board of directors and others to support No Bully in being fundraising agents for its mission.
- Proven analytical and strategic skills, with experience creating strategic fundraising plans and objectives, and the detail orientation and follow-through to implement those plans.
- An appreciation for the mission and growth aspirations of No Bully.
This position is half-time with a starting annual salary of $40,000. The development director has the opportunity to work off site with a flexible work schedule as mutually agreed. It is anticipated that this position will become full time after satisfactory review and providing fundraising targets are met.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should e-mail resume with covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org