The Development Assistant role is an administrative and fundraising entry level position with a primarily internal focus. Detail-orientation, accuracy, and confidentiality is essential. This is an incredible opportunity to get in at the ground floor of a non-profit, learn about an organization that is using the power of compassion to help today’s youth, and become acquainted with the fundraising strategies and development infrastructure that support a successful non-profit operation. Prior work experience with CRM databases, data entry, and fundraising is desirable. We encourage applications from individuals of all ethnicities, abilities, genders and those who are LGBTQ.
How others describe you:
Organized • Attentive to detail • Efficient • Tech savvy • Self-reliant/ability to work independently • Quick learner • Strong written and verbal communication skills • Team Player • Self-motivated problem solver • Honest/integrity • Proactive & positive attitude • Follow-through on commitments • Empathic • Receptive to feedback
Key Responsibilities & Duties:
- Provide administrative and operational support to the VP of Development & Strategy and the Development Coordinator
- Under supervision of Development Coordinator, assist and provide support for donor related activities and processes such as gift recording, gift acknowledgments, donor stewardship, maintaining donor records, and proposal tracking
- Assist and coordinate Development activities and operations including but not limited to answering the Development phone-line, event planning, data entry, running reports and queries, processing reimbursements and expense reports, and other duties as assigned
- Assist with the maintenance and upkeep of social media accounts and Nobully.org, especially as pertaining to Development news and activities
- Liaise with Programs and Education Team staff to mine data for impact reports, fundraising communications, and grant proposals
Job Title: Development Assistant
Reports to: Development Coordinator
Status: Hourly, non-exempt (up to 40 hours a week)
Location: The Presidio of San Francisco within view of the Golden Gate Bridge
How to apply:
Interested applicants should email their cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. Please write “Development Assistant” in the subject-line. No phone calls please.
Posting date: July 12, 2018